Not much of an update but just to keep track of my progress.
Added more layers of sand/glue and some bigger rocks. If this wasn't a vertical type of dio i would have finished this a long time ago but as you may guess it's kinda hard to glue something to vertical surfrace, so I have to do one side, leave the mix to dry and then next one. Hopefully I will be able to finish it tonight (propably while chatting on skype :P ) and then prime tommorow morrning
Also started working on new cloak for mr. Bone, I'm not sure if this will work out but it's worth a try... i guess..
so far I glued a used teabags t the piece of cloth but I will not show any pictures for now 'cause it looks like crap...
Well not realy, altough I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (wich most propably is a train... or a monoeye :P)
decided to put this little fella togheter to see if the colour scheme isn't crap. To my suprise it works rather well, so far i mostly took photos at night so the deep purple seemd like black, but here are some shots in sunlight,
there is still some work needed, like painting undersides of the shoulders, and few pieces are still not painted at all, then on to the deacaling I will be using Crossbone waterslides from bandai, but the risk is that red markings won't be easily seen on grey, in that case i will use some other waterslides i got from samueldecals.com, I got some mishaps when putting togheter - the worst was that i broke both sb-ed antenae and v-fin... but repaired that alredy, other than that some scratches but i can call that begining of weathering / battle damage process... i guess...
If everything will go as planned (and as usual it propably won't) i should finish this kit next week.
for those few still lookin at this - a little sneak peak,. Most of the kit is painted and gloss coated, now time to start decaling - and you guys know I love to put a LOT of decals
Those photos are shot at night with poor light so the purple doesn't looks as nice as in reality.