Sunday, December 18, 2011

Black Templars Sword Brethren


Quite a while since last post, but let's not dwell why such a long break. Here is my latest work wich as you see another warhammer 40K mini. This is one of the figs i got from Decay. The painted ones are awesome and i was afraid to do them in the same colours i would most definitly fail.

So I went with the trademark black of the Templars with some red to help this little fella stand out a bit.
Also added a coin in the dio to show the scale a bit better ;)

Anyway enough talking, it's PICTURES TIME!!


























Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mopping up the streets [WIP-1]

So far it's a good week for me, got a certain package that made me VERY happy, you can read more about it HERE .

But let me show you what i'm working on, but don't worry i'm also getting closer to finishing Freedom Strike. It's just that lately i don't have as much time as I had wich complicates a LOT. Ok, this isn't blog created for me to whine, so let's procced to main event of this post:


Just a little Dio i'm working on, as the name suggest there will be a team of Space Marines getting rid of some enemies, Marines will be painted as 6th Company of Ultramarines Chapter



That's just the basic shape, hopefully it will look good when finished :D

This is also first time for me to do mods on figures:
First thing is very small but you gotta start somehere - I modded one of the bolters in to Combi-Melta Gun, here is a comparison picture:



Hopefully it will look acceptable when painted.

Alredy started painting first of the five marines in my team:


















Still some work needed, but I think it's going in the right direction.

Till the next one!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Imperial Fists Captain


Next mini finished this time a Space Marine Captian painted in Imperial Fists Chapter colors.

To tell you the truth that one was quite tricky, why? 'Cause it's one of figs i bought "used" from auction site, and it had a small problem - it was alredy undercoated with white paint. That's nothing bad you may think, and it isn't - the Champion  I painted before was also undercoated, BUT this time somebody did quite a sloppy job on it, many details were lost, many bubbles in paint. In the end - I'm was not impressed at all.

I did try to wash it of but my usual washing mixture proved to be to strong for Games Workshop plastic - fig started to melt in few places (and i broke the sword) after some repairs and waiting i decided to just go and paint it anyway. here is the result:



























Cheers! And till the next one! Next post will be a WIP post!