Throne Drei WIP 4
Sorry for (another -_-) ultra long break betwen updates but I was sick (actualy I still am...). The good news is that I finished Throne Drei, from now on known as Throne Null, not very creative but sounds nice, doesn't it? I took pictures of completed kit in a new lightbox, but my lightsource wasn't strong enough and my hands were all shakey, so they didn't come out well :/ I will post some of them anyway.
And here we go with the WIP:
I didn't took to many pictures, but showing evry layer of paint would be kinda pointles (if You think otherwise just say it, I will make them next time)
Most important thing I learned: NEVER mix paints from difrents brands, I mixed Tamiya and Agama paints, both acrylic, and when I sprayed topcoat wierd things started to happen, you can see it on some pics. This is actualy one of the reasons why I did weathering on this kit. At first I was going for out-of-factory-brand-new-look, but due to problems with mixed paints I decided to go all out on damaging and weathering.
The other reason has propably something to do with my skills at handpainting. I can't get nice clear look when painting white, other colors are a-ok, but when painting white there are always some brush-strokes visible or paint looks uneven. Next time I will try very light gray, maybe it will look better.
I almost forgot, my next project will be 1/144 HG Cherudim, I know that poll results were diffrent but after askings my friends I counted the votes and it turned out that ALL kits had exact same number of votes... So I decided to use my trusty coin and after few throws it was decided.
Ok, enough of those nonsenses, wip pics:
and some lightbox testig: