Throne Drei WIP 4

Hi!
Sorry for (another -_-) ultra long break betwen updates but I was sick (actualy I still am...). The good news is that I finished Throne Drei, from now on known as Throne Null, not very creative but sounds nice, doesn't it? I took pictures of completed kit in a new lightbox, but my lightsource wasn't strong enough and my hands were all shakey, so they didn't come out well :/ I will post some of them anyway.
And here we go with the WIP:
I didn't took to many pictures, but showing evry layer of paint would be kinda pointles (if You think otherwise just say it, I will make them next time)
Most important thing I learned: NEVER mix paints from difrents brands, I mixed Tamiya and Agama paints, both acrylic, and when I sprayed topcoat wierd things started to happen, you can see it on some pics. This is actualy one of the reasons why I did weathering on this kit. At first I was going for out-of-factory-brand-new-look, but due to problems with mixed paints I decided to go all out on damaging and weathering.
The other reason has propably something to do with my skills at handpainting. I can't get nice clear look when painting white, other colors are a-ok, but when painting white there are always some brush-strokes visible or paint looks uneven. Next time I will try very light gray, maybe it will look better.
I almost forgot, my next project will be 1/144 HG Cherudim, I know that poll results were diffrent but after askings my friends I counted the votes and it turned out that ALL kits had exact same number of votes... So I decided to use my trusty coin and after few throws it was decided.

Ok, enough of those nonsenses, wip pics:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and some lightbox testig:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Comments

  1. Looking good!

    But about the paint mixing,
    i think your got a problem mixing tamiya with another brand because tamiya isn't 'real' acrylic (that's what i've heard on the net...)
    so if it mixes with 'real' acrylic it could cause problems...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts