Throne Drei WIP 1

Without any brakes i started another project :D
I realy like design of thrones and Drei is my favorite of them. I decided to change her (dunno why but Drei seems like "she" to me , maybe because of Nena?) to a close combat suit. I still haven't decided on a name, I was thinking about something along queen but in german (Koenigierin / Dame) but it just doesn't sound good IMO. I will gladly look at some ideas.

First thign in my "working proces" is designing, and for that it's good to find some inspiration, I've seen a very nice model of Nu gundam done in white-blue color scheme so i will go with those colours. Here are my quickly done linearts:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
OOB
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
final form

Now let's see what I've done yesterday
legs:
some sanding on feets with removal of seam line, nothing fancy
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

used pla-plate to take care of those ugly holes, also removed seam lines on upper leg and knee joint
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

waist area:
pla-plate om front skirt, scribed some panel lines some sanding and cutting saml portion from top side
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

more pla-plate on waist armor
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

cut backskirt into 3 parts, it was pissing me off that most of the time when I tried to utilize range of movement for legs in some nice pose the backskirt just kept poping of and flying somewhere, and it's not just this kit but Eins has the same problem, So I decided to make moveable backskirt, that way it will jsut move with the leg.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

i driiled 2 holes in center part and inserted some 1-2 mm tube that i got from sis, they are from some kind of jevelery and have diffrent sizes, can be quite usefull
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

to the side parts i've done what can be seen below, i will propably end that tomorow
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Drei as well as Eins have a realy nice boxart in wich it has bended torso forward, unfortunetly kit can only rotate all the way around, so I cut some parts and added a spare polycap, with that i achieved quite nice bend, also insted of glueing parts of the torso togheter o added some cut styrene (or pla-plates - 2 names, same thing ) to hide seam lines
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

sanded sides of the torso for more slim look, glued top & bottom part and sanded to remove seam line and make it a little sharper, sanded those 2 anteneas on the back (nice & sharp)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

more sanding and sharpening to those 2 "ribs" wich will be on the sides of GN Drive
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

added some pla-plate on backpack (the litle one, i won't be using those big-ass wings) to make thrusters more detailed
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

also done some work on left arm but it was kinda late (about 1 am) and didn't had strenght to take pictures.

Quite a lot for a one day, but today... oh man... I was at work for 12 hours... damn I'm exousted... I will write more tomorow, for today I will propably finish watching G Gundam, this series is quite diffrent but I like it
See ya

Comments

  1. Holy shit, you're like a tornado! This is going way fast! Good luck with all the modding, I am not (yet) that good at it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit, you're like a tornado! This is going way fast! Good luck with all the modding, I am not (yet) that good at it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts