Throne Drei WIP 1
Without any brakes i started another project :D
I realy like design of thrones and Drei is my favorite of them. I decided to change her (dunno why but Drei seems like "she" to me , maybe because of Nena?) to a close combat suit. I still haven't decided on a name, I was thinking about something along queen but in german (Koenigierin / Dame) but it just doesn't sound good IMO. I will gladly look at some ideas.
First thign in my "working proces" is designing, and for that it's good to find some inspiration, I've seen a very nice model of Nu gundam done in white-blue color scheme so i will go with those colours. Here are my quickly done linearts:
Now let's see what I've done yesterday
some sanding on feets with removal of seam line, nothing fancy
used pla-plate to take care of those ugly holes, also removed seam lines on upper leg and knee joint
pla-plate om front skirt, scribed some panel lines some sanding and cutting saml portion from top side
more pla-plate on waist armor
cut backskirt into 3 parts, it was pissing me off that most of the time when I tried to utilize range of movement for legs in some nice pose the backskirt just kept poping of and flying somewhere, and it's not just this kit but Eins has the same problem, So I decided to make moveable backskirt, that way it will jsut move with the leg.
i driiled 2 holes in center part and inserted some 1-2 mm tube that i got from sis, they are from some kind of jevelery and have diffrent sizes, can be quite usefull
to the side parts i've done what can be seen below, i will propably end that tomorow
Drei as well as Eins have a realy nice boxart in wich it has bended torso forward, unfortunetly kit can only rotate all the way around, so I cut some parts and added a spare polycap, with that i achieved quite nice bend, also insted of glueing parts of the torso togheter o added some cut styrene (or pla-plates - 2 names, same thing ) to hide seam lines
sanded sides of the torso for more slim look, glued top & bottom part and sanded to remove seam line and make it a little sharper, sanded those 2 anteneas on the back (nice & sharp)
more sanding and sharpening to those 2 "ribs" wich will be on the sides of GN Drive
added some pla-plate on backpack (the litle one, i won't be using those big-ass wings) to make thrusters more detailed
also done some work on left arm but it was kinda late (about 1 am) and didn't had strenght to take pictures.
Quite a lot for a one day, but today... oh man... I was at work for 12 hours... damn I'm exousted... I will write more tomorow, for today I will propably finish watching G Gundam, this series is quite diffrent but I like it